[ic] Adding a system wide module

Duane Hinkley duane at downhomewebdesign.com
Mon Jan 31 20:28:57 EST 2005

Jeff Fearn wrote:

>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:37:18 -0800, Ed LaFrance (New Media LLC)
><ic_users at newmediaems.com> wrote:
>

>>At 09:16 PM 1/30/2005, you wrote:
>>

>>>Hi, I want to allow the Date::Calc modules functions to be used in the
>>>HTML pages on my site. Is there one place I can put this that will
>>>allow it to be run on any store on the server?
>>>
>>>Jeff
>>>

>>The best thing to do would be to install the module in your system Perl,
>>though you could also install it locally for Interchange.
>>

>I have Date::Calc installed in the system perl.
>

>>The you can call
>>it in a GlobalSub or UserTag, and perhaps even in a [perl global=1] block,
>>provided that you have the catalog in the AllowGlobal configuration string.
>>

>Does this mean that I need to write a wrapper for every function I
>wanted to use from Date::Calc?
>
>I was hoping to be able to bypass the Tag stuff entirely, just using
>[perl] and writting perl code in that on html pages.
>
>Jeff

The Perl tags are limited for safety from what I understand.  There's
quite a bit I'd find easier to do if I could use Perl modules within the
tags but I don't believe it's possible.

To keep the number of tags down, you make one tag that calls each
function.  It would work something like this:

[date-calc function="Day_of_Week" month="01" day="23" year="2005"]

--

Sincerely,

Duane Hinkley
Down Home Web Design, Inc.