[ic] RE: Strange Authnet behavior please help

Bill Jordan bill.jordan at crystalcreations.com
Tue Jul 12 21:21:07 EDT 2005

> Bill Jordan wrote:
> > I am in the process of setting up a new server and am having real
> > trouble with ic and auth net. Used ic 4.8.6 with auth net forever on
> the
> > old box with little trouble. here's the skinny:
>
> [snip]
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> You might try...
>
> 1) Uncommenting the ::logdegub lines in Authorizenet.pm
> 2) Enable debug mode in interchange.cfg
> 3) Restart interchange
> 4) Run a test transaction
> 5) view /tmp/icdebug to ensure that the values you are sending to
> authorize.net are what you think they should be.

Thanks for the reply Marty!,
 i forgot to mention that i had taken those steps as well in my initial
assesment of the problem, one interesting thing though..
the uncommenting of the logDebug statements in the module along with
setting debug to 1 in interchange.cfg did not produce the expected
output, none as a matter of fact.

i can only see errors in $VENDROOT/error.log and $CATROOT/error.log, and
those messages are not coming from the AuthorizeNet logDebug statements,
here is a sample of what I am getting:

lan.crystalcreations.com aME48uyC:crystalcreations.com -
[12/July/2005:20:04:17
-0400] bill /cgi-bin/bill/process authorizenet response_reason_text=Bill
To Coun
try is required. response_code: 3
lan.crystalcreations.com aME48uyC:crystalcreations.com -
[12/July/2005:20:04:17
-0400] bill /cgi-bin/bill/process Safe: Real-time charge failed. Reason:
Bill To
 Country is required.

>               die errmsg(
>                               "Real-time charge failed. Reason: %s\n",
>                               errmsg($Session->{cybercash_error}),
>                       );

lan.crystalcreations.com aME48uyC:crystalcreations.com -
[12/July/2005:20:04:17
-0400] bill /cgi-bin/bill/process Route log failed.
lan.crystalcreations.com aME48uyC:crystalcreations.com -
[12/July/2005:20:04:17
-0400] bill /cgi-bin/bill/process ERRORS on ORDER TEST0002:
> Error during creation of order routing log:
> Route log failed. at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line
1997.

it almost looks like it never gets to the module at all, could this be
something in profiles.order or the like?
thanks again for your assist!
Bill