[ic] IC 5.2.0 & FC3 - no sockets being initialised

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Thu Jun 2 00:35:45 EDT 2005

I am able to start IC with the multi-threaded Perl that is standard with
FC3 by using the MINIVEND_FORCE_THREADS environment variable and I can
see it running in the process listing.

The problem is that it does not appear to be creating any sockets.

If I create a catalog to run in UNIX mode then there is no UNIX sockets,
and if I create a catalog to run in INET mode then there is no TCP:7786
socket.  The /etc/interchange.cfg file correctly reflects my
requirements in either case.

Is there something I may have missed, or is this a problem stemming from
the multi-threaded Perl problem?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://lannet.com.au>