[ic] Issue with Postgres (current transaction is aborted), followup

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Jun 2 11:03:50 EDT 2005

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke at linuxia.de):
> Hello,
>
> from my original message:
>
> --- SNIP ---
> Hello, list !
>
> RPO Vienna encounters a peculiar error with Interchange and Postgres.
> Suddenly, PostgreSQL doesn't accept any database modifications through
> Interchange for any catalogs running on this server.
>
> Sometimes an error message can be found:
>
> iro /cgi-bin/iro/process Runtime error: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1
> 446.
> >

> A restart "fixes" this problem.

Restart of what? IC, or postgres?

> --- SNAP ---
>
> We don't need transactions, so
>
> DatabaseDefault HAS_TRANSACTIONS 0
>
> can be used as workaround.
>
> However, I think IC has to address this issue in order to avoid
> serious and unexpected data loss.

I have never heard of this problem before, but unless we get more
information surrounding the issue there will be no chance to fix
it.

I have to some extent lost patience with Postgres and DBD::Pg, as
it seems to have constant little problems that change from version
to version of each.

--
Mike Heins

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson