[ic] Options and weight

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Jun 3 10:51:16 EDT 2005

Quoting tom (tom at sanguinarius.co.uk):
> I have searched and searched the mail archives and can only find other
> messages from people with this problem.
>
> Does anyone know how to, or have a code sample that will allow me to
> have different products options contributing a different amount of
> weight to the basket?
>
> ie. having an item available in 5 sizes each weighing different amounts,
> whilst still being only 1 item in the catalogue.

The [weight ...] tag handles this, and has documentation:

	cd ICDIR
	perldoc code/UserTag/weight.tag

Just replace "weight" in your shipping.asc file with [weight options=1].

You need a later version of IC, though if you use an earlier one you can
probably just replace it's [weight] with the newest one.

--
Mike Heins

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino