[ic] Interchange and threaded Perl

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Jun 6 16:46:20 EDT 2005

Quoting Henry Hartley (henryhartley at westat.com):
> On: Mon, June 06, 2005 12:48 PM, Mike Heins said:
> >> Quoting Kaare Rasmussen (kar at kakidata.dk):

> >> Just benchmarks of running ab against Interchange and test code
> >> against a threaded Perl. I had an email discussion with the Debian
> >> Perl port maintainer, and he confirmed the slowdown.
> >>
> >> The more subroutine calls you have, the worse it will be, so in
> >> all liklihood object-oriented packages with lots of method-based
> >> accessors will get hit hardest.
>
> Can you give some idea of how big a hit we're talking about?

I thought I did. I said 15-30%, and that's what I meant. Were I more
precise than that, I would be talking out of my nether regions. 8-)

--
Mike Heins

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman