[ic] Shopping cart: basket processing

JT Justman jt at airdelights.com
Mon Jun 6 20:09:43 EDT 2005

Mark Weaver wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm somewhat in a quandry here with Interchange and how its processing
> the shipping charges of the shopping cart. I'm wondering if someone
> could tell me what file(s) are being used to process the shopping cart
> and calculate shipping.
>
> What I'd like to do is modify the necessary files to do some custom
> shipping calculations, but I can't seem to find the program source code
> that handles these processes.
>
> Thanks,

Hi, Mark!

The root of all shipping calculations is the shipping.asc file, which
contains the shipping methods. In the Administration Interface, these
methods are edited under Administration > Commerce > Shipping. Look in
the Interchange Database documentation for some info about the format of
shipping.asc to get you started. You can define very advanced lookups in
this file, but the format can take a little time to get your head around.

Good luck,

JT