[ic] Shopping cart: basket processing

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Jun 7 17:25:56 EDT 2005

On 06/07/2005 10:22 AM, Mark Weaver wrote:
> What we are seeking to do is change the way shipping is calculated for
> several non-standard packaging methods that are being used by a
> customer. There is currently NO provision in IC to handle these
> exceptions. What we wish to do is modify the loop that cycles through
> the cart calculating shipping and add a routine that handles our
> shipping exceptions. We do not need help with the coding. What we would
> like to know is where exactly in the Perl or the source code that the
> looping occurs. We can, of course, keep searching source, but we would
> rather know where to look.
>
> Any help here would be appreciated. Otherwise, we will continue to
> search source.

Don't think you are limited to what the admin UI shipping editor allows
you to do, you can really do much much more with shipping in
Interchange.  Did you look at the shipping.asc documentation that JT
referenced?  In case you didn't it's at
<http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/frames/icdatabase_41.html>.

The shipping features of Interchange are really very robust and I highly
doubt you'd need to modify the core's source to do anything fancy or
unusual.  Also if you can't do it with just the shipping features then
check out the recent post that Mike made to the mailing list about levies.

If you will elaborate on what exactly you want to do with shipping then
I'm sure someone here can give you some more specific help.

Peter