[ic] Cybersource: Can't Void or Settlement

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Fri Jun 10 10:54:39 EDT 2005

Mark Weaver wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> What an adaventure this has been getting Interchange to use CyberSource.
> After getting everything hooked up and working with Jeff's help I've
> found something else. I can't as yet settle or void from the Admin UI.
> I'm getting an error when attempting to void. The error says it needs an
> "auth_request_id". Might someone be able to tell me what "value" its
> looking for that its currently missing?
>
> I haven't tried settling a transaction yet, but I'm betting that I get
> an error on that one as well. I appear to be missing something, but I'm
> not sure what that is yet. Yesterday before I got the CyberSource client
> working with IC it was telling me it had an invalid merchant_descriptor.
> At least until I plugged in the "merchante number". Then it was happy to
> take the order.
>
> As instructed we're using the older PERL SKD version 3.4.12 as opposed
> to the new client they "wanted" me to use. Frankly I'll got with what
> folks using Interchange tell me before I go with something the payment
> gateway folks say. Just two more hurdles to overcome and I'm there.
>
> IC 5.2
> BoA/CyberSource
> RedHat 4 WS
> PERL 5.8.6 non-threaded

I know... answering your own posts is a sign of something bad, but I
just realized why I can't do what I need to do once the order is placed.
I've got no value stored in the transactions db for "auth_code"!

For what ever reason it would appear that the value is not getting sent
back, or if it is the client being used to talk to CyberSource isn't
getting that value to Interchange.

Could someone help me out on this one? I'm not looking forward to moving
back to Authorize.net since I'm so blasted close getting CyberSource
totally setup and working.

Thanks,

--
Mark