[ic] Adding admin users

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Fri Jun 10 12:56:47 EDT 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:35:41 -0700
Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to add admin users or point me toward some docs
> on the subject?  I would add them to access.asc manually but it looks
> like the password in there is encrypted.

Yeah, it could be encrypted.

I don't remember offhand if it is by default simple Unix crypt (in that
case the encrypted password has 13 characters), or it's MD5 digest.

In any case, you can create the encrypted pwds with:

1) makepasswd --crypt
   makepasswd --crypt-md5

2) or help yourself with htpasswd/htpasswd2 and htdigest/htdigest2
   that come with apache (htpasswd for crypt(), htdigest for MD5):

   htpasswd2 -c /tmp/temp test
   htdigest2 -c /tmp/temp test test