[ic] state and b_state mysteriously truncated to 10 characters

John1 list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 10:38:36 EDT 2005

On Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:28 PM, peter at pajamian.dhs.org wrote:

> On 06/19/2005 02:15 PM, John1 wrote:
>> Please can anyone cast any light on why state and b_state are being
>> truncated to 10 characters.  Trying to find the reason is driving me
>> crazy %-( ...
>>
> Have you tried changing the setting in
> catroot/dbconf/mysql/userdb.msql?
Many thanks Peter!  :-) you are quite right that it was width of the state
and b_state field in userdb that were causing the problem.

As soon as the [userdb...] tag in log_transaction was executed it had the
effect of truncating [value state] and [value b_state]

>>However, and this is the
>>really weird thing, it seems that the truncation is being done by some
>>code
>>running in parallel with the log_transaction code!  Because, if I relocate
>>where I put the [tag op=log..] tags within log_transaction, the truncation
>>appears to occur at different points!
Seems I was talking rubbish here - it was the [userdb...] tag in
log_transaction that was causing the truncation as state and b_state in
userdb were still varchar(10)

Thanks