[ic] permissions problem uploading .pdf files

JT Justman jt at airdelights.com
Thu Jun 30 12:43:46 EDT 2005

Eric Bont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created an extra directory for my .pdf files. When I upload my .pdf
> files with the product-editor (widget type=image upload) everything
> works fine.
>
> When I use the file transfer page
> (file_transfer.html?initial_dir=images/pdf) I have a problem that the
> upload .pdf file gets the wrong rights ( -rw-rw---   instead of
> -rw-r--r--   ). Uploading by the product-editor the file gets the right
> permissions
>
> When I try to connect my catalog to a pdf file with wrong rights I get
> the message : Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /xxx/images/pdf/testpdf12.pdf on
> this server.
>
> Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.xxxx.com Port 80
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> eric

Are you logged in to Interchange UI as an admin user? How is Interchange
running - is the catalog owned by the interch user, or a different user?

I'm not sure exactly where IC gets its umask from - but this info will
help clarify.

JT

--
"This is my root password. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My root password is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it, as