[ic] permissions problem uploading .pdf files

JT Justman jt at airdelights.com
Thu Jun 30 12:43:46 EDT 2005

Eric Bont wrote:
> Hi,
> I created an extra directory for my .pdf files. When I upload my .pdf
> files with the product-editor (widget type=image upload) everything
> works fine.
> When I use the file transfer page
> (file_transfer.html?initial_dir=images/pdf) I have a problem that the
> upload .pdf file gets the wrong rights ( -rw-rw---   instead of
> -rw-r--r--   ). Uploading by the product-editor the file gets the right
> permissions
> When I try to connect my catalog to a pdf file with wrong rights I get
> the message : Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /xxx/images/pdf/testpdf12.pdf on
> this server.
> Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.xxxx.com Port 80
> Any ideas ?
> Thanks a lot.
> eric

Are you logged in to Interchange UI as an admin user? How is Interchange
running - is the catalog owned by the interch user, or a different user?

I'm not sure exactly where IC gets its umask from - but this info will
help clarify.

"This is my root password. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My root password is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it, as
I must master my life. Without me, my root password is useless. Without
my root password, I am useless."