[ic] permissions problem uploading .pdf files

Eric Bont eric_bont at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:18:28 EDT 2005

Eric Bont wrote:

>>I created an extra directory for my .pdf files. When I upload my .pdf
>>files with the product-editor (widget type=image upload) everything
>>works fine.
>>
>>When I use the file transfer page
>>(file_transfer.html?initial_dir=images/pdf) I have a problem that the
>>upload .pdf file gets the wrong rights ( -rw-rw---   instead of
>>-rw-r--r--   ). Uploading by the product-editor the file gets the right
>>permissions
>>
>>When I try to connect my catalog to a pdf file with wrong rights I get
>>the message : Forbidden
>>You don't have permission to access /xxx/images/pdf/testpdf12.pdf on
>>this server.
>

>Are you logged in to Interchange UI as an admin user? How is Interchange
>running - is the catalog owned by the interch user, or a different user?
>
>I'm not sure exactly where IC gets its umask from - but this info will
>help clarify.
>
>JT

Yep, it doesn't matter - admin and users has the same problem. By the way,
it's only with .pdf files - when I upload .pdf files with the image-uploader
to the /items or /pdf directory I have permission problems. When I upload
.gif files with the same image editor to /items or /pdf everything works
fine.

admin/upload_file?mv_session_id=sGkfR36y&mv_pc=223&mv_arg=images/pdf/&ui_return_to=admin/file_transfer