[ic] problem with time tag?

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Tue Mar 1 00:07:36 EST 2005

[mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of John Young
> Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 6:39 PM
>
> Ron Phipps wrote:
>
> > Can anyone think of a reason why we would see values in the
order_date
> > column that are some time in the future?  For example today I found
two
> > orders with the following order_date:
> >
> > 20050301 00:15:25
> > 20050301 01:47:41
> >
> > The current date on the server is:
> >
> > Mon Feb 28 17:58:12 PST 2005
> >
> > I don't see how the time tag returned a date in the future.
>

> Shooting from the hip, here, I'd say look into locale stuff.
> I know [convert_date] can respect locales.  If you are setting
> while showing the order date in a receipt page, and it is according
> to the visitor's locale, you might see that behavior.
>
> Just a guess (without me doing any actual research).  :-)
>

> -John Young

This has been really odd.  No locales are being changed with this store.
I put this on a test page:

[tag time]%Y%m%d %H:%M:%S[/tag]
[time]%Y%m%d %H:%M:%S[/time]
[perl global=1]
	return localtime;
[/perl]

I then hit that page over and over, for a good 5 minutes, every once in
awhile the result would change from Feb 28 to March 1 and the time would
be off by about 18 hours, but the next refresh would revert back to Feb.
Each of the different ways in the test page would produce the same
result on a given refresh. Tonight, however, I can't get the page to
display the incorrect date/time.  I was going to try a perl script
outside of IC, but IC stopped exhibiting the problem and the perl script
is working correctly as well.

I'll keep my eye on it and post if I see the problem again.  It does
make me worry though because we use the date ordered and date shipped
throughout our backend for reports and cron jobs.

Thanks,
-Ron