[ic] Mysql Sessions

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Mar 2 15:15:13 EST 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Jason Korkin wrote:

>>> When I attempt to actually obtain the session ID (via [data session
>>> id]), I get nothing back.  Any ideas what may be occurring here or am
>>> I not referencing the session in the correct manner when using MySQL
>>> base sessions?
>> What is the name of your session table in MySQL?
> The session table is in the same database as the other tables and is called
> "session".

I've run into this exact problem before. Call your table something else,
like "session_table". The name "session" is special and conflicts. E.g.,
[data session ...] -- how would the data tag know whether you mean "the
place where session data is" or "the database table called session"?

Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation
Software development with Interchange, Perl, PostgreSQL, Apache, Linux, ...