[ic] Synchronics Counterpoint POS and Interchange

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Fri Mar 4 08:26:37 EST 2005

On Mar 3, 2005, at 7:44 PM, Lawrence Tartol wrote:

> Thought I'd share this with the community, I'm currently trying to
> integrate
> Interchange 5.3
> with Counterpoint POS, which from my googling seems like a popular off
> the
> shelf retail package.
> Any thoughts?

I have a client that is using a Windows POS that uses Microsoft SQL,
and we are running ODBC to the MySQL database for Interchange. The POS
system is called TAM, from Lode Data Systems.

You just need MyODBC from MySQL to make the two talk.

> [CCS] Reading from CP V7 is supported.  Writing to CP V7 is risky
> because it
> circumvents the referential integrity implied in a business
> application.

Here may be your problem. It would be much better for your client if
orders placed on the web would flow into the POS. Without it, you have
to do re-entry of all web orders to keep the POS in sync.

FWIW, TAM has a module called WebLink which gives you a portal into the
POS. ODBC takes products and sends them to the web, and gets orders
from the web and places into the module, which takes care of converting
those to actual POS sales.

Happy integrating.

--
Josh Lavin