[ic] ECHO Payment Address Verification (Possible Solution)

Jon prtyof5 at attglobal.net
Mon Mar 7 00:36:45 EST 2005

> > Is anyone out there using the OpenECHO payment module
> > to do 'EV' (verification, deposit and address verification AVS)
> > using the OpenECHO module ?  I've been trying to debug my
> > way through to figure out what I need to configure but haven't been able
> >
> > to definitely conclude how to configure my cart for AVS.
> > Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this but it appears there
> > is
> > the MV_PAYMENT_MODE set to 'echo' to get you to echo, which works,
> > versus some other payment process as well as setting mv_payment_mode
> > I think needs to be set to 'EV' to force AVS but it doesn't seem
> > to pass through from the IC cart to ECHO.pm/OpenECHO.pm/Payment.pm
> > Do I need to use MV_PAYMENT_REMAP to make this work ?
> > Assuming so can someone provide an example that sort of fits ?
> >
> > Any help appreciated
> >
> > Jon
> >

>     Doesn't anyone use ECHO or just not for Address Verification ?
> If no one uses ECHO at all or just not with AVS I'm curious why not ?
>
> In any case.  I've debugged down to a point where it looks like there
> could be some issues with ECHO.pm from the interchange.rtfm
> download page.
>
> .... From ECHO.pm
>
> my %type_map = (
>   mauth_capture    => 'ES',
>   mauthonly    => 'AS',
>   CAPTURE_ONLY   =>  'DS',
>   CREDIT     => 'CR',
>   AUTH_ONLY    => 'AS',
>   PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE  => 'DS',
>  );
>
>  if (defined $type_map{$actual{cyber_mode}}) {
>         $actual{cyber_mode} = $type_map{$actual{cyber_mode}};
>     }
>     else {
>         $actual{cyber_mode} = 'ES';
>     }
>
> Since ECHO.pm really uses Payment.pm.  In Payment.pm $actual{cyber_mode}
> defaults
> to 'mauthcapture' unless set by charge_param('transaction')  but in ECHO.pm
> (see snippet above)
> mauthcapture isn't in type_map so will be forced back to 'ES' (not AVS) no
> matter if 'EV'
> is set in Payment.pm or not.
>
> So two questions:
>
> What do I need to do in my cart to set charge_param('transaction') = 'EV'
> Assuming that is correct.
>
> Shouldn't ECHO.pm be enhanced to support 'EV' in the type_map ?

With better understanding through debugging I figured out I needed to add the
following.

In catalog.cfg :

Route  echo          transaction   "EV"

In log_transaction :

avs: [calc]$Session->{payment_result}->{'pop.avs_code'}[/calc]

Also at a minimum it looks like the hash table type_map in  ECHO.pm
needs to be modified like such:

        my %type_map = (
                mauth_capture                   =>      'ES',
                EV                              =>      'EV',
                mauthonly                               =>      'AS',
                CAPTURE_ONLY                    =>  'DS',
                CREDIT                                  =>      'CR',
                AUTH_ONLY                               =>      'AS',
                PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE              =>      'DS',
        );

Does this seem correct ?  Assuming so does this need to be altered by
openecho.org or is it maintained by the interchange group ?
openecho.org seems to provide OpenECHO.pm but not ECHO.pm

Jon