[ic] QuickBooks and IIF files

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Fri Mar 11 14:44:51 EST 2005

As some of you may know, QuickBooks has stopped supporting .iif file
imports, and are now recommending using their SDK.

I have a client using the Interchange to QuickBooks export and all was
working fine until they upgraded to ver. 2005 with integrated UPS
shipping. The UPS shipping label does not get the address correctly --
it puts the city, state, and zip in address line 2. This only happens
with imported orders, not those manually created in QuickBooks.

I have no idea if I can change their .iif file formats
(TRANS_QUICKBOOKS file) to get them to work, but my initial thought is
'no'. The format didn't change; QuickBooks did. The sample .iif files
don't even exist on the QB support site anymore.

Has anyone experience these issues? Has anyone looked into rewriting
the IC export to use QuickBooks SDK?

I suppose this will have to be done sooner or later with newer versions
of QB coming out every year (thanks to year-based version numbering),
so perhaps this could be a community project.

This product looks very interesting and if it works how I think it
works, may be an easy way to do imports from IC, and avoid the whole
SDK:
http://www.qodbc.com/qdashboard.htm

Thanks,
--