[ic] Re: Jobs - not being processed

Jeff Fearn jefffearn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 01:22:25 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:30:30 -0500, Mike Heins <mike at perusion.com> wrote:
> Quoting Jeff Fearn (jefffearn at gmail.com):
> > On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:10:06 +1000, Jeff Fearn <jefffearn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > hmmm I have discovered that the jobsqueue file being updated is the
> > > one in /usr/lib/interchange/etc and the housekeeping code is checking
> > > in /var/run/interchange ... haven't found out why yet, I'll let you
> > > know when I figure it out. atm I am manually copying the jobsqueue
> > > file so I can debug my own code :)
> >
> > Finally got around to looking at this and I think I have found the problem..
> >
> > bin/interchange:767:        $Global::RunDir = "$Global::VendRoot/etc";
> >
> > lib/install_lsb.pl:122: RunDir          /var/run/interchange
> >
> > I changed the first to match the second and everything seems to run
> > ok. Anyone have any idea if changing RunDir in bin/interchange will
> > have any imact on an existing store?
> >

> Probably not. But if the jobs code is running without reading
> the interchange.cfg file, there is a problem with the jobs code
> and not with bin/interchange.

/var/run/interchange looks to be the correct directory so why does
bin/interchange set it to VendRoot/etc?

I haven't figured out how /var/run/interchange is chosen as I assume
lib/install_lsb.pl is only used  during the installation of IC ...

In fact all the files I'd expect to be in /var/run/interchange, such
as .pid and socket, are there, so why would IC expect to find them in
VendRoot/etc?

eg why are these different:

bin/interchange:769:    $Global::PIDfile =
"$Global::RunDir/$Global::ExeName.pid";

lib/Vend/Config.pm:295: ['PIDfile',               undef,
"$Global::VendRoot/etc/$Global::ExeName.pid"],

Thank God it's Friday :)

Jeff