AW: [ic] Reload UserTags without restart the ic server

Ed LaFrance (New Media LLC) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Fri Mar 18 12:26:22 EST 2005

At 08:57 AM 3/18/2005, you wrote:

>Hi.
>
> > Ed LaFrance (New Media LLC)
> >
> > If the UserTags are configured at the catalog level (included
> > in/from catalog.cfg), they will reload when Apply Changes is
> > clicked in the UI.
>
>Is it the normal way to include the usertags that are used in more than
>one catalog in the catalog.cfg?

No, typically if you want UserTags to be accessible to all catalogs, you
would configure then at the Interchange server level (include from
interchange.cfg).

>What happens if you use the same usertag in more than one catalog, and
>after sometime you find a bug?
>
>Is it a good idea to a function like "bin/interchange -reload_usertags"
>to interchange?
>
>Regards,
>
>Lars

I suppose it's not a bad idea, in any case.

Ed

New Media LLC                 Technology Solutions for Business
Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax