[ic] Is "==" faster than "eq" ?

Ed LaFrance (New Media LLC) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Sat Mar 19 11:37:05 EST 2005

At 08:19 AM 3/19/2005, you wrote:

>I've been using eq everywhere but I'm getting the feeling that == is
>faster comparing numbers.  Is that true?

I don't know about faster, but it is the more correct operator to use, as
the string comparison operator will not always yield correct results for
numbers, i.e.:

         '1' eq '1.0'    # numerically true, but will return false

         1 == 1.0        # numerically true, and will return true

Ed

New Media LLC                 Technology Solutions for Business
Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax