[ic] Displaying category in results.html

David xxxxxxx dxxxxxxx at cyber3dnet.com
Sun Mar 27 16:56:14 EST 2005

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to figure out how to display a category description at the
top of my results.html page for a good part of the day today.  I'm looked
through the manual, googled it, etc and cannot figure it out.  My goal is to
display the product group with the category description displayed under it.

Model: [item-field category] <----this displays the category for the items
in the list since the search results are based on one category.

How can I retreive the category description (the name displayed in
category_vertical) and display it in my results page?  I tried looking
through the code, but I was lost in the perl in the catalog_before file.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

David