[ic] Find & replace on display

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Mon May 2 15:20:15 EDT 2005

On Mon, 02 May 2005 16:25:45 +0000
"Sergei Voyakin" <svoyakin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking to change the way a field in a product database is displayed
> when it's pulled up.  Instead of it having spaces, I would like to show it
> as a dashes ("-").  Is this possible and if so, could I see the code?
>
> For example:
> Stroed in database: Some Stuff Here, should be displaed as
> Some-Stuff-Here...

Sergei,

Look at Interchange filters (code/filter/ directory in the distribution).

It should be trivial to create a filter of your linking (you can include
it in your catalog.cfg), let's say we name it "spaces_to_dashes", then
on the Interchange page you simply do this:

[filter spaces_to_dashes] .....   [/filter]

Enjoy,
-doc