[ic] Installation of /interchange/debian/5.2.0: Interchangeserver unavailable

Marco Mescoli m.mescoli at omnibit.nu
Tue May 3 05:26:48 EDT 2005

> >  Interchange .deb installation on Debian GNU/Linux 3.0.
> 2) cd /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ic/; strings foundation | grep sock
>    The output should look like:
> socket
> /var/run/interchange/interchange.sock
> Could not open socket

> 3) If 1) and 2) are OK, see if the CGI link program can write to
>    the Interchange socket.
Now my interchange run with user interch group interch:
Step 2) My output
Could not open socket

So I symlink the real socket and the browser output change in "Undefinited
catalog: /cgi-bin/ic/foundation"
and the output of  "strings foundation | grep sock" do not change: "Could
not open socket" even after change SocketPerms to 0666 in

Socket listing:
ls -al /usr/lib/interchange/etc/socket
srw-rw-rw-    1 interch  interch         0 May  3 13:10
ls -al /var/run/interchange.sock
lrwxrwxrwx    1 interch  interch        37 May  3 12:19 socket ->

Not enjoy enough ...