[ic] Installation of /interchange/debian/5.2.0: Interchangeserver unavailable

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Tue May 3 06:42:28 EDT 2005

> and the output of  "strings foundation | grep sock" do not change: "Could
> not open socket" even after change SocketPerms to 0666 in
> /etc/interchange/interchange.cfg

Yes, it is normal that the 3rd line did not change. "strings" program only
tries to find text strings within binary files. In our example, it found
the location of a socket, and the error message that is printed to the screen
IF the socket can't be found.

> So I symlink the real socket and the browser output change in "Undefinited
> catalog: /cgi-bin/ic/foundation"

Do '/etc/init.d/interchange restart'. During startup, you should see a line
similar to this:
"Configuring catalog foundation...Using default DBM database...done."

If you see this line without errors, then see if the "Catalog foundation ..."
line in /etc/interchange/catalogs.cfg matches "/cgi-bin/ic/foundation". If
it does not, add "/cgi-bin/ic/foundation" at the end of the line.

If you do not see the above "Configuring catalog foundation" line, then
your catalog is not configured to run on the server, so that's why you get
the "Undefined catalog message". Add the line to /etc/interchange/catalogs.cfg :

Catalog foundation /var/lib/interchange/catalogs/foundation /cgi-bin/ic/foundation

(Make sure it's not wrapped in any "ifdef" statements), and restart Interchange.

Tell us where do you get now.

Nice day everyone,
-doc