[ic] Apache & Rewrite trouble

Paul Vinciguerra pvinci at vinciguerra.com
Sun May 8 18:04:12 EDT 2005

On Sun, 8 May 2005 10:24:12 -0700, Bryan Gmyrek wrote
> Hi David,
>
> Are you running your admin over https?
> If so one option is to _not_ rewrite https and thus the admin should
> work fine.
> Also have you tried mod_interchange?
> It's possible to run your ic store in mod_interchange to have clean
> urls and not really need to use rewrites.
> However I don't think it's compatible with apache 2.
>
> Good luck,
> Bryan
>
> On May 8, 2005, at 3:24 AM, David Bordas wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm using IC (5.2.0) with quite succes for the moment.
>
> Now, i'm trying to use mod_rewrite to have shorter urls.
>
> I've found this :
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/frames/icfaq_76.html
> and this :
> http://www.btsonline.co.uk/articles.php?a=read&aid=41
>
> But thoses exemples seem not to be fully working for me :(
>
> The best result I can have is with this code :
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule ^$  /cgi-bin/mic/index.html            [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/$ /cgi-bin/mic/index.html            [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/index\.html$ /cgi-bin/mic/index.html [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/mic/.* -                     [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/.*images/.* -                        [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/css/.* -                             [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/interchange-5/.* -                   [PT,L]
> RewriteRule ^/(.*) /cgi-bin/mic/$1                 [PT,L]
>
> And modify variables.txt to change CGI_URL from "/cgi-bin/mic" to ""
>
> This seems to work quite well for the store, but admin becomes quite
> buggy :(
> Exemple :
> Go to http://www.testadev.com/admin/customer.html
> check a line and push "delete checked customers" and I will get :
> The following error occurred:
>
>     Not authorized for customer administration. Contact
> administrator?    But if I remove rewrite rules, all is working fine.
>
> Any idea ?
> Perhaps should I use better rules ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> David

I had a similar problem.  I resolved it by adding an alias to / on the catalog
parameter in interchange.cfg

Catalog  store  /var/lib/interchange/store  /cgi-bin/store /

This makes sure that the cookie is valid for / and not just /cgi-bin/store

Check your cookie MV_SEESION_ID and see what path is has.

Paul