[Fwd: Re: [ic] SECURE_SERVER options]

brockp at michiganlivestock.com brockp at michiganlivestock.com
Wed May 11 11:35:21 EDT 2005

Subject: Re: [ic] SECURE_SERVER options
From:    "Mike Heins" <mike at perusion.com>
Date:    Wed, May 11, 2005 11:38 am
To:      interchange-users at icdevgroup.org

Quoting Daniel Davenport (ddavenport at newagedigital.com):
> > Second question,
> > i assume that to use MYSQL_TRANSACTIONS=1 the mysql DB must use INNODB
tables?  how has the luck been with INNODB and interchange performace
as well as how much does interchange suport transactions?
> I don't use innodb, so i wouldn't be too helpful in that regard.   For
reference, though, BDB tables can also do transactions.  I haven't
tested them performance-wise; i'm just telling what i know.  :)

For most sites, the performance doesn't matter, since the only tables that
are put in transaction mode are userdb, orderline, and transactions at
order time. Even on a busy site that takes hundreds of orders an hour, the
overall impact is small.

Mike Heins

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon
interchange-users mailing list
interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
For free email or hosting solutions look to

Is it recomened to use transactions and innodb with interchange though?  I
dont see why it wouldn't be.

For free email or hosting solutions look to http://www.michiganlivestock.com/mlds