[ic] Jobs email not working from command line

Jeff Fearn jefffearn at gmail.com
Fri May 13 01:21:09 EDT 2005

Hi, I cannot get emails sent for jobs if I specify the email address
on the command line.

i.e as interch user

/usr/sbin/interchange --email=jfearn --runjobs=redhat=reports
/usr/sbin/interchange -email=jfearn --runjobs=redhat=reports
/usr/sbin/interchange --runjobs=redhat=reports --email=jfearn
/usr/sbin/interchange --runjobs=redhat=reports -email=jfearn

None of those will send an email. I used -- & - as both are in the
docs, I'm assuming -- is correct but I thought I'd try both.

If I set the email in the catalog cfg file, Jobs email jfearn, that will work.

I am trying to have different reports sent to different users so
having a static email address is not going to work.

The jobs are getting processed because the cron.log files has the
report appended to it.

No errors are generated, even with Debug set to 1 in interchange.cfg

Without Jobs email in catalog.cfg (no email sent) cron.log=
- - - [13/May/2005:14:49:50 +1000] redhat /cgi-bin/redhat Run jobs group=reports
none - - [13/May/2005:14:49:50 +1000] redhat /cgi-bin/redhat Finished
jobs group=reports

With Jobs email set in catalog.cfg (email sent) cron.log=
- - - [13/May/2005:14:50:09 +1000] redhat /cgi-bin/redhat Run jobs group=reports
none - - [13/May/2005:14:50:09 +1000] redhat /cgi-bin/redhat Finished
jobs group=reports

If I set Jobs email in the catalog and specify a different email on
the command line then only the Jobs email address will be sent an
email.

... big pause while chasing an idea ...

Hmmm it looks like the email arg is not passed to interchange via the
jobsqueue file, should $Vend::JobsEmail be passed in that files as
\$Vend::JobsJob is?

There seems to be no code to map $Vend::JobsEmail when the job is
being run into the address space of the main IC server for when the
job is being processed :(

hmmm 15:20 Friday afternoon, is that Beer I can hear?

Jeff