[ic] Ship modes by prod_group

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Tue May 17 16:09:36 EDT 2005

I need to offer Postal Book Rate shipping only when books are in the
cart, and nothing else. All of our books are in the 'Books' product
group, and I am using this code:

[if value country =~ /(^US)/]
[tmp shipmodes][data base=country field=shipmodes key='[default
country US]'][/tmp]
   [item-list]
       [calc]
          my $cat = q{[item-field prod_group]};
          my @modes = split /\s+/, $Scratch->{shipmodes};
          if ( $cat ne 'Books' ) {
             $Scratch->{shipmodes} = $Values->{mv_shipmode} = 'std';
           }
           else {
             $Values->{mv_shipmode} = shift @modes unless $Values->
{mv_shipmode};
           }
           return;
       [/calc]
   [/item-list]
[/if]<!-- [scratch shipmodes] -->

Which I got from here:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-May/
033315.html

Our country database has 'br std' for the US shipmodes.

The HTML comment on that last line shows the correct shipmodes ('std'
unless all the prod_groups are Books), but the shipping widget (which
comes directly after this code) has all the shipmodes no matter what
items are in the cart.

What am I doing wrong in that the shipping widget is not getting
updated? Or is there a better way to do this...?

Thanks!

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/