[ic] Calling a page without creating a session for monitoring

JT Justman jt at airdelights.com
Fri May 20 17:39:32 EDT 2005

Hi, everyone...

We're setting up hobbitd to monitor our servers. I have a call an
Interchange page so that I can ensure that the daemon is running. But,
it's creating a ton of sessions, which I would like to avoid. I caught a
thread from a few years back asking the same question, where Mike
mentioned that he'd been thinking about using "mv_no_session" to avoid
session creation. I found some references to mv_no_session and
mv_no_session_id but from the look of Util.pm, these just prevent the
display of the session, right? My head hurts from trying to understand
how the session gets created.

So, is there a variable for this, or does an elegant solution come to mind?

Thanks,

JT