[ic] passing parameters between pages?

Daniel Davenport ddavenport at newagedigital.com
Wed May 25 11:44:02 EDT 2005

>>> docelic at mail.inet.hr 05/25/05 6:21 AM >>>
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:03:30 +0200
> "T. Stoffels" <tstoffels at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi there.
>
> Hi there again Tommy ;-)
>
> > Lets say, I wrote a custom page (pages/mypage.html) and want to pass a
> > parameter to it.
> > How do i do that?
> > On the page containing the link to mypage.html I tried:
> > --
> > <A HREF="[area href=mypage.html arg='myparam=1']&myparam=1">Link to mypage</A>
> > --
> > The &myparam=1 is appended to the url just fine, though I have no clue
> > how arg='..' works.
>
> On source page:
>
> [page href=mypage arg=something]
>

> On target page mypage.html:
>
> Passed argument is: [data session arg]

If you intend to use arg=, then you'll only be able to pass one value that way.
You might instead consider using form=, like so.

[area href=mypage form="myparam=1"]

Then you can refer to the argument in the page as [cgi myparam].
You can pass multiple items that way; just be sure to separate them properly--the docs suggest that each field must be on a separate line.

/