[ic] Catalog is non-responsive unless SocketFile is in default location

JT Justman jt at airdelights.com
Tue May 31 14:54:06 EDT 2005

Hi, everyone -

I have a testing server running on FC3, with IC built from the nightly
build 200505030658 which is the same as our production server. I have
been manually duplicating the init scripts, as I neglected to specify
"Linux Standard Base" on installation to have them installed for me.
When I start IC using "su - interch -c
"/usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange", everything works fine. The init
script, however, uses the /usr/sbin/interchange script, which specifies
several command-line options.

The problem is, that the link program is non-responsive if I specify
either via the script or the command line the option
"SocketFile=/var/run/interchange/socket". If I omit it, the socket file
is created at interchange/etc/socket, and works fine. I'm guessing that
there is some other option I need to set to specify this socket
location, but what is it? I'd prefer to have both servers with exactly
the same structure.

Thanks for any input!

JT