[ic] Googlebot Getting 500 Errors ... but he's the only one

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue May 31 16:28:53 EDT 2005

Quoting Bryan Gmyrek (bryangmyrek at yahoo.com):

> Thanks for this code. I tested it but it just returns ok. Also I just
> tried surfing with Safari and that is working ok now too. I have a
> feeling it might crop up more when the server load is higher (it's
> amazing that my server load gets high though ... i have a dual xeon
> with 3gb ram and a raid array).

You talk like a RAID array is a good thing for performance.... 8-)
If you have sessions on it, you will find that your system degrades
very, very, ungracefully.

It is always best to have a non-RAID area for things you write
a lot. With all your memory, you should map session storage
to /dev/shm.

--
Mike Heins

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90%
how I react to it. And so it is for you... we are in charge
of our attitudes. -- Charles Swindoll