[ic] page generation for the admin area orders

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Nov 1 21:53:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 17:37 -0800, Peter wrote:
> On 11/01/2005 05:14 PM, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > Plus I got an error message when I ran a test:
> >
> > table transactions: set_slice error as called by Vend::Data: DBD::Pg::st
> > execute failed: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type timestamp: ""

> You have a field of type timestamp, probably update_date that you're
> leaving blank, and a blank value is not a valid timestamp for
> Postgresql.  You need to fill in the update_date for it to work, or
> change the field type to something else such as character varying(26)
> (gives enough space for YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.mmmmmm).

I looked at the transactions.txt file and the update_date had only the
YYYYMMDD portion. The Postgresql docs indicate that is a valid format
for the date function. But there was no time portion. So I added one to
make the format follow the postgresql docs (the same one you used, but
minus the .mmmmmmm) and it barfed on restarting with the same error (I
forced a reload of the transactions.txt file. There were only 4 entries
as this is still a test setup). Of course it goes away when I modify the
dbconf settings to use varchar(23) instead of timestamp.

Hmm. This is data that was written by IC and it is invalid.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>