[ic] can only change first item in shopping cart

JT Justman jt at airdelights.com
Wed Nov 2 11:06:59 EST 2005

N.E.S.T. Solutions wrote:
>>NOW Web Sites Coordinator writes:
>>

>>>I have an Interchange 5.2 system which uses the foundation
>>
>>code almost
>>
>>>entirely.  When a user puts something in the shopping cart,
>>
>>only the first
>>
>>>item can be deleted or the number of items
>>
>>changed/recalcuted.  I copied
>>
>>>over basket.html from a 5.3.1 release and that didn't do
>>
>>the trick.  The
>>
>>>demo on icdevgroup.org seems to work fine.
>>>
>>>Have others had this problem?  Can anyone point me to
>>
>>particular code
>>
>>>that
>>>is the problem/will fix the problem?  I'd love not to scrap
>>
>>all of our
>>
>>>code just to fix this problem.
>>
>>Perhaps you could post your basket code, it might be easier
>>to determine
>>where things go south?  Also are you trying it on a specific
>>browser?
>>Lately some issues with IE6.2(?) were posted regarding
>>javascript on some of
>>the demo pages. Perhaps trying with another browser gives a
>>different result
>>and brings you closer to the solution of the problem.
>>
>>Good luck.
>>
>>Gert
>

> Hi all
>
> I have the same issue with IC 5.2, with
>
>  --Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8)
> Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4
>  --IE 6.0.2600.0000
>  --Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.2)
> Gecko/20040804 Netscape/7.2 (ax)
>
> I have had this problem since a while, with no errors reported in my
> browsers, apache logs nor IC error logs.
>
> I would really like to see a solution for this one. I am trying the demo
> and
> of course it works fine. My store is edited quite a bit for the
> apparence only,
> I haven't changed the guts of the demo functionality.
>
> While the thread is started here, I'll be working on finding the
> solution, so if
> someone has suggestions I'll be glad to try them out.
>
> Martin H.

I had a similar issue a while back (on my IC 5.2 running a catalog born
in 4.x) where the [item-quantity] tag was failing to return the correct
value. Check the "name" attribute of your generated remove and quantity
fields -- if they all show "quantity0", then this is your issue.

The suggested workaround that I found was to use "quantity[item-param
mv_ip]" instead of "[item-quantity]". If you search the archives for
item-quantity I'm sure you'll find it.

JT