[ic] can only change first item in shopping cart

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Wed Nov 2 11:19:49 EST 2005

> I have an Interchange 5.2 system which uses the foundation code almost
> entirely.  When a user puts something in the shopping cart, only the first
> item can be deleted or the number of items changed/recalcuted.  I copied
> over basket.html from a 5.3.1 release and that didn't do the trick.  The
> demo on icdevgroup.org seems to work fine.
>
> Have others had this problem?  Can anyone point me to particular code that
> is the problem/will fix the problem?  I'd love not to scrap all of our
> code just to fix this problem.

I suspect that all of the rows on your cart page share the same
quantity input field name;  They're probably all named "quantity",
instead of "quantity0" and "quantity1" etc.  Edit your cart code to
change use <input name="[quantity-name]" ...> for your quantity text
field (and checkbox, if present).

Secondly, it's probably no good copying the basket.html to fix this,
as later Foundation/Standard demos make use of component files.  Your
basket.html page probably makes use of the "templates/components/cart"
component, so that's the file you'd want to copy.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz