[ic] Product descriptions and different languages

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Nov 3 18:25:49 EST 2005

Quoting Michael Scheffler (duke at duke.de):
> Hello all,
>
> sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times before ...
>
> I'm new to interchange and currently evaluating if we could use it for
> one of our new shops. The main problem is that we need to have the
> product-descriptions in different languages. I allready found the great
> localization-feature of interchange, but I can't see any option to use
> different languages in descriptions ...
> Maybe someone could push me in the right direction? I really don't want
> to use oscommerce or any other piece of crap like this ... :/

I happen to be doing a localized store today. 8-)

I would get the latest nightly build of Interchange and look at
the table Shadow feature.

The configuration is in dbconf/locales, and all you need to do to enable
it is set the LOCALES variable to "de_DE nl_NL".

This URL shows some being translated -- you can manipulate the
products_de_DE table to watch the descriptions change.

    http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1/process/locale/de_DE/page/scan/se=nail/su=1/sp=results_big

--
Mike Heins

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown