[ic] service interchange start hangs at... initlog -q -c 'interchange -q'

Jeff Fearn jefffearn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:20:51 EST 2005

On 11/10/05, Tim Nelson <timnelson at phreaker.net> wrote:
> Ok, I figured this one out, edit /etc/pam.d/su and comment the line:
> #session    required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_selinux.so open multiple

This is probably not a good idea. If you want to disable SELinux then
go right ahead, check out /etc/selinux/config and /usr/bin/setenforce,
and then run your security as though SELinux did not exist. Poking
such a major hole in SELinux and letting it still run will probably
lead to a false sense of security.

Unfortunately I'm not up to speed on how to modify the SELinux
policies :( I note a selinux-doc rpm in the Fedora 4 yum repo, maybe
I'll have to install it and update my knowledge ... more work, I hate
that ;)

--
Jeff Fearn

"Postmodernism: Once more without feeling." -- Geoffrey Nunberg