[ic] IC not responding

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Mon Nov 14 12:39:33 EST 2005

[mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of jeff at hisgirlfridays.com
> Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 11:24 AM
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 08:40:30AM -0800, Ron Phipps wrote:
>
> > We've got a weird issue going on right now where all of a sudden IC
will
> > stop servicing requests and utilization of the server goes to just
about
> > 0.  If I restart IC everything goes back to normal.  This has gone
on
> > for the last 3 days at different points in the day.  The ip address
>
> The next time this happens, restart apache instead of IC and tell me
if
> it goes back to normal.  If it does, then I have more to say about the
> issue and also have a potential fix.
>
> Jeff

Unfortunately this was not the case.  The potential fix of using
apache's MaxRequestsPerChild 1000-5000 did not seem to help.

Does anyone know of a way to troubleshoot IC, perhaps with debug
statements to see why it can no longer handle requests?  IC is still
running, I can see all the rpc servers, however they do not take up much
cpu usage and it's almost like they are not even there.
Apache/mod_interchange does not error out and a restart of IC instantly
allows Apache to start handling requests again.

Thanks for any pointers!
-Ron