[ic] mod_interchange and Apache MaxClients

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Nov 18 20:20:20 EST 2005

John1 [list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk] wrote:
> On Friday, November 18, 2005 1:19 PM, kevin at cursor.biz wrote:
> > > So perhaps we should make the IC_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT to be the payment
> > > gateway timeout + a couple seconds?
> > >
> > That's an option...<snip>
> >
> But are we now saying that IC_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT is the timeout for
> mod_interchange trying to *open* a connection with Interchange (and not a
> timeout for mod_interchange awaiting a response from Interchange)?

Yes.  I should remind myself by reading the code instead of posting
from memory. :-)

> If so, presumably IC_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT should not be related to the payment
> gateway timeout, or do I misunderstand?  Thanks

Correct.  The timeout will have no effect in this case.  The timeout might
as well remain as a configurable variable, so I won't back out the change
I made to handle the new parameter.

I believe Interchange is in the clear as far as this issue is concerned.
Let me know if you still think it's at fault.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz