[ic] mod_interchange and Apache MaxClients

John1 list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 20:54:44 EST 2005

On Saturday, November 19, 2005 1:20 AM, kevin at cursor.biz wrote:

>> If so, presumably IC_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT should not be related to the
>> payment gateway timeout, or do I misunderstand?  Thanks
>>
> Correct.  The timeout will have no effect in this case.  The timeout
> might as well remain as a configurable variable, so I won't back out
> the change I made to handle the new parameter.
>
> I believe Interchange is in the clear as far as this issue is
> concerned. Let me know if you still think it's at fault.

What do you mean by "Interchange is in the clear".  Do you mean
"mod_interchange is in the clear"?

If the website is locking up surely it is likely that there is an
Interchange issue of some sort, it's just that we have not uncovered it yet.
Or are you suggesting that your conclusion is that it is more likely to be
to do with a Perl 5.6.1, or a OS platform issue?

Incidentally, I have upgraded Payment.pm tonight and switched to using wget.
Maybe this will sort the problem but I am not holding my breath - whilst PSP
timeouts seem to increase the frequency of website lockups, unfortunately my
current inclination is that this is probably not the underlying cause.