[ic] IC related form scanning for data entry

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 30 07:56:12 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to use a scanner to scan a pile of
sheets containing data that needs to be put into my stores DBs.

Each sheet would have coordinates and rows of boxes, some marked
with a black dot.

It is almost the same as a school exam answer sheet
with rows of boxes where we simply mark/darken the desired box
with a pencil. I want to do something like as if I wanted to
automate the exam corrections, and send the data into mysql DBs.

I know how to input the data in the DB, I just don't know what
to use to get the data off the sheets! Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Martin H.