[ic] How to tell IC to use non-local mysql

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Thu Oct 13 15:44:45 EDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, DB wrote:

> I am considering buying a second server to handle the mysql functions
> for my IC 5.2 store. How exactly would I tell IC to look on another
> server for the mysql database that currently is installed locally?  I
> did not see much in the archives as far as specifics - is there a howto?

After you migrate your database to the new server, just change your DSN.
That varies by database, but will look something like:

    dbi:mysql:database=yourdbname;host=db.host.name

Your DSN is probably set in catalog.cfg or products/variable.txt.

You'll need to restart Interchange. It's probably a good idea to change
your password on the old database or turn off the MySQL server altogether
if you can, to make certain you're not accidentally still connecting to
it.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen