[ic] HOW-TO on detecting javascript

Randy Just randyjust at justcomp.com
Sat Oct 15 14:17:16 EDT 2005

After looking at the various archives for a long period of time and
also analyzing
a recent response on this group, I am still befuddled as to good way
of detecting
if javascript is turned on or not.

I have set-up a kludge for users not having javascript enabled to go
to a non-javascript
checkout page from shipmode.html.  Right now I have a button in place for users
to click on who don't have javascript enabled.

Ideally, I would like to put in the code an [if] statement where if
an old browser is detected
or if javascript isn't available, the next button will automatically
send the user to
a non-javascript checkout page.

I am not literate with javascript and have looked at a number of
scripts from the archive as
well as testing code sets.  I don't seem to be able to set a variable
I can compare against
to go to the javascript enabled or javascript disabled paged.

I am looking to do something such as

[if old_browser or no javascript]
   checkout
[else]
   finalize
[/else]
[/if]

with the focus being how to get a javascript value in play to compare against.

Thanks!