[ic] recovering a session

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Oct 17 16:27:21 EDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Tom Hodder wrote:

> I have an order for which something went wrong in the processing. My paypal
> script took the payment, but the order was never completed in interchange.
>
> I have found the corresponding session file for the order, but it seems to be
> mainly in a format that hides the basket content.
>
> Is there any way I can get the basket information out of that file so I do not
> have to contact the customer and ask them to resubmit their order?

If you're using file-based sessions with Storable serialization (probably
the most common kind), you can find the file and do:

perl -MStorable -MData::Dumper -e 'print Dumper(retrieve("5rjbMAEd:10.70.0.156"))'

Replace "5rjbMAEd:10.70.0.156" with the path to your own file, of course.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation