[ic] Item Editor and Foreign Key Reference

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Oct 19 18:03:33 EDT 2005

Quoting Christian Brink (cbrink at brinkrods.com):
> There appears (Database Lookup in the Meta Information Edit screen) to
> be a way to add a field to the Item Editor that reference a another
> table based on a foreign key. But I can't seem to find docs on it or
> experiment to get it to work.
> I have added a Manufacturers Table and a field called 'manu_id' to the
> product table that references the Manufacturers Table 'id' field. These
> modifications have been added to the Interchange table definitions.
> Basically:
> Table: Manufacturers
>   id
>   name

This is done all over the UI via the meta editor in the tab oddly
enough labeled "Database Lookup". You can either put

	select id,name from manufacturers

in the lookup_query, or you can put

in the field parameter and manufacturers in the table parameter.

Mike Heins

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90%
how I react to it. And so it is for you... we are in charge
of our attitudes. -- Charles Swindoll