[ic] Item Editor and Foreign Key Reference

maillists lists at gmnet.net
Wed Oct 19 18:28:35 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 14:04 -0700, Christian Brink wrote:
> There appears (Database Lookup in the Meta Information Edit screen) to
> be a way to add a field to the Item Editor that reference a another
> table based on a foreign key. But I can't seem to find docs on it or
> experiment to get it to work.
>
> I have added a Manufacturers Table and a field called 'manu_id' to the
> product table that references the Manufacturers Table 'id' field. These
> modifications have been added to the Interchange table definitions.
>
> Basically:
> Table: Manufacturers
>    id
>    name
>

> I would like to have a select box on the Item Edit page that displays
> the name and contains the value for the 'id'. So this can update the
> product table.
>
> Right now I only have a text entry box which shows/updates the id. Not
> an optimal solution.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any help or a point to some docs.
>
> Christian

Here is an example code for a page...

##look up records in the first table
[search-region
  prefix=table1_select
  list_prefix=table1_select_list
  search="
  fi=table1
  st=db
  sf=code
  se=some-value
  op=eq
"]
[on-match]
[/on-match]
[table1_select_list]

##get records in the 2nd table based on a key in the first table
[loop
  prefix=table2_select
  list_prefix=table2_select_list
  search="
  fi=table2
  st=db
  sf=code
  se=[table1_select-data table1 table2code]
  op=eq
"]
[table2_select_list]
  table2 title: <b>[table2_select-data table2 title]</b>
[/table2_select_list]
[/loop]

[/table1_select_list]
[on-match]