[ic] New installation of 5.2 won't start

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Oct 19 23:35:58 EDT 2005

I can't seem to locate a reference to what is going on. I have a Fedora
4 installation with the no-thread perl, postgresql, and the
"kitchensink" IC perl modules. I'm trying to startup a brand new server
with a fresh install of IC (and everything) and an empty products.txt
file. The catalog is in the /home/<catalog name>/catalog directory as
this is supposed to be a virtual hosted account.

The makecat process created the empty database OK. But all I get on
startup is:

<catalog name> config error: products not a database, cannot use as
products file

This leaves the interchange daemon running but with no active catalog to
work with. I have tried making the permissions on the database wide open
(localhost connects require no authentication at all), tinkering with
the catalog.cfg file:

## Only search products table by default, don't want returns from any
variants
## or other subsidiary ProductsFile
Variable MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_TABLE products
Variable MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_FILE  products

## Set which tables can contain products for order
ProductFiles    products

Changing the above products name to something else causes the error
message to change to whatever is in the line but it still fails.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>