[ic] New installation of 5.2 won't start

... ddavenport at newagedigital.com
Thu Oct 20 22:56:19 EDT 2005

I've seen this happen when the permissions weren't set right on
products.txt.  IC tends to complain when it doesn't have read/write access
to the file.  Helpful error messages can usually be found in
$CATALOG/error.log, and would be quite helpful next time you have a problem.
=)

chown'ing the txt file to $ICUSER.$ICUSER, and chmod'ing it 644, usually
makes things work for me.  If it works for you, you might check to make sure
your catalog's user and group can get along with IC's, as eventually the
file will likely get exported / recreated and the permissions may change.

You might also check the other text files for the same problems.  It's not
very likely that products.txt is the only file that had the permissions it
had.

--
Daniel Davenport
New Age Digital, Inc.