[ic] Category external link target

N.E.S.T. Solutions nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 28 20:24:29 EDT 2005

> On 10/28/2005 07:28 AM, N.E.S.T. Solutions wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to setup a category external link. I can get
> > it to open in the same browser window, but I don't want it
> > to open that way, exiting the store.
> >
> > I would like to be able to specify the target so that I can
> > get an external link page to display in the main content area
> > of the store. The external link page is located on a server
> > elsewhere, so I cannot call it as a local page.
>
> You can't get it to display in the main content area of the
> store unless
> you're using frames. If you are using frames you can specify the link
> template and add the target="blah" into the link there.
>
> <A HREF="$URL$" class=barlink target="blah">$ANCHOR$</A>
>
> Peter

Ok, makes sense, thanks Peter

Then, as I am not using frames in that store, is there a way to change
something so that I can make the category external URL open in a new
window instead? (target"_blank")

I was trying to find where the code is for the demos' category link
types
( Internal, External, Interchange, Simple search, etc...) to see if I
could
modify the behaviour for the external links, but I could not locate it
so far.

Martin H.